In its pursuit of sustainable development, Sanati Dode Fam (Sadaf) Co. has placed a significant emphasis on environmental preservation within its management decisions. The company understands that true sustainable development cannot be achieved without taking environmental responsibilities into account. In alignment with this principle, Sanati Dode Fam (Sadaf) Co. has implemented the ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System and embarked on several dedicated environmental protection projects.
The organization is firmly dedicated to optimizing resource usage while respecting the rights of the local community. The ultimate aim is to achieve zero discharge into the environment.
Sanati Dode Fam (Sadaf) Co. upholds a strong commitment to adhering to environmental standards and the fundamental principle of sustainable development. In its continuous efforts to reconcile the balance between development and environmental preservation, while also safeguarding the interests of future generations, the company diligently identifies and controls sources of pollution within its processes. The objective is to proactively prevent potential harm to the environment. Consequently, environmental concerns are not mere add-ons but intrinsic components of the company’s operations.
Sanati Dode Fam (Sadaf) Co. places significant emphasis on recycling and reusing waste materials, as well as monitoring and controlling gaseous and particulate pollutants. It actively reduces waste generation, fosters green spaces, and conducts comprehensive assessments of ecological aspects. These environmental priorities underline the company’s unwavering dedication to adopting a sustainable and eco-friendly approach to its operations.
At Sanati Dode Fam (Sadaf) Co., a series of operational processes are in place to actively protect the environment. These include the following:
- Developing, drafting, revising, and regularly updating environmental guidelines and operational methods. These methods are aligned with the latest national and international standards for managing waste, encompassing recycling, reuse, or responsible disposal through authorized and certified environmental organizations.
- Managing wastewater to reuse treated wastewater. This approach reduces water resource consumption and environmental pollution while also utilizing it for irrigating green areas within the factory premises.
- Implementing effective environmental awareness programs within the factory and collaborating with relevant authorities to promote and strengthen environmental protection.
- Upholding the ISO 14001:2015 environmental management standard and renewing the relevant certification through annual audits.
- Preparing environmental management system audit checklists based on ISO 14001:2015 and conducting audits by these checklists.
- Conducting regular environmental inspections and monitoring activities in public and specialized operational areas. This includes maintenance operations, waste collection and transportation, water and wastewater facilities, etc., to rectify any non-compliance.
- Periodically sampling and measuring air, soil, and water pollutant emissions. This includes microbiological and chemical analysis of drinking water, wastewater, reservoirs, gases, particulate matter, and flue gas emissions. The data is assessed by internal protocols and monitoring procedures.
- Identifying and assessing environmental aspects and impacts associated with ongoing processes within Sanati Dode Fam. The company takes steps to eliminate or reduce these impacts, aiming to optimize energy carrier consumption and minimize undesirable environmental effects.
- Actively participating in environmental committees at the provincial level and collaborating closely with these entities.
- Promoting environmental protection knowledge and culture among employees through educational courses, seminars, and the dissemination of environmental messages and information.
- Ensuring proper collection, transportation, and disposal of various types of production waste in strict accordance with national laws, official circulars from the environmental authority, and internal guidelines.